Altnagelvin moves 21 patients due to electrical fire

Thu, 27/11/2014 - 12:25 -- Editor

Altnagelvin hospital staff had to transfer 21 patients this morning due to an electrical fire.

A hospital spokesperson said that smoke was reported coming from a ‘bed pan washer’ in Ward 5. The 21 patients were safely transferred from the ward and have been resettled elsewhere within the hospital.

It is envisaged that the ward will return to normal business later today. 

The spokesperson said the Trust would like to thank its staff and the Emergency Services for their prompt response to the incident.