Fire at ground floor flat in Rosemount

Wed, 29/10/2014 - 22:21 -- Editor

A fire gutted a ground floor flat this evening around 6pm at Meadowview Crescent in Rosemount.

No one was seriously injured. It is believed the fire was the result of a kitchen accident.

Local councillor Shauna Cusack said: ' I would like to commend the fire service for their swift response to what could have been a tragedy for more than one family. Given this was a ground floor flat the potential implications could have been disastrous. When I arrived at the scene I was relieved to find out that no one was seriously injured and the occupants are currently being examined for smoke inhalation. This incident again highlights the need for all of us to be aware of fire hazards in the home and never to leave pots and pans unattended.'