THE Clipper race has sailed into the city today to a great fanfare.
The ‘Gold Coast’ and Singapore yachts have already landed - with more arriving throughout the weekend and right up until the 8th July. Not only can you come down to the quay to see the yachts but there’s lots on the quay to keep everyone entertained, from music, to amazing sights, delicious food, and an array of wonderful free entertainment.
Highlights this weekend at Clipper
· The Clipper Yachts will be coming in at various times over the weekend – to keep up to date, and to view three hour notice, go to Facebook Derry~Londonderry Clipper 11-12
· Flavours of the Foyle Seafood Festival: Saturday (12pm – 8pm), Sunday (1pm – 6pm)
· Tour boats: Friday – Sunday (10am – 8pm)
· Ardglass Vikings: Saturday – Sunday (10am – 6pm)
· Foyle Paddlers: Saturday – Sunday (and during the week) (10:30am – 5:30pm)
· Try Sailing: Saturday – Sunday (and during the week), (10am – 8pm)
For more information on the huge range of free entertainment, food, performance, water and land-based activities which are on offer, click on www.whatsonderrylondonderry.com or www.derrycity.gov.uk/clipper.
The Clipper Homecoming Festival is organised by Derry City Council in partnership with Londonderry Port with funders Northern Ireland Tourist Board, Loughs Agency, Ilex, FG Wilson, Invest Northern Ireland and Malin Waters. The event is made possible with the support of many partners including Translink, Tourism Ireland, Chamber of Commerce, Department for Social Development and local business.
For full details of when each activity will be on offer and for more details of other activities, go to our programme at www.derrycity.gov.uk/clipper